Monticello School District is excited to offer our students an opportunity to use the tools of Google through Google Apps for Education. These tools are a perfect fit for the direction that our school district is headed in regards to integrating technology into our curriculum.
Reasons We Are Encouraging Google Accounts
- Students will have increase access to teachers.
- Students will have access to online file storage that they can access anywhere at anytime.
- Teachers can share files easily with students through Google Drive.
- The classroom learning environment is easily extended to the home environment.
- Students will have the ability to collaborate with other students within their school, the district, and possibly even with other schools.
- Google Apps for Education allows the possibility of students building an electronic portfolio of their school learning experiences.
Google Drive – This will provide students access to web-based
creation tools like word processor, spreadsheet, drawing and presentation. This will allow your child to collaborate with teachers and other students.
Our 2nd–8th graders will start out with accounts that allow them to use the tools of Google Drive.
Our 9th–12th graders will have accounts that will allow them access to Google Drive and a Gmail account for collaboration with teachers and students.
If you want to opt out of the Google Apps for Education, you can download a form HERE. This form will need to be turned into the school building that your child attends.